K O (they/them) is a multi-hyphenate previously living/working on the unceeded ancestral lands of the Ho-Chunk Nation in Madison, WI. They are most widely known for their acting work that spans the last 25 years on Broadway and TV. In the Spring of 2020, KO transitioned into teaching to refocus their energy on the future of the art form.
KO works at the collegiate level facilitating workshops on interpersonal communication, classroom culture, critical analysis of the Musical Theater canon, and education ethos retooling while mentoring artists privately. They co-created the Mosaic Training, a bi-annual 8 week workshop for young artists from underrepresented identities to build community and engage in training free of charge in partnership with Project Broadway and Broadway workshops.
KO supports grassroots organizations like NY-CLU, Pay Equity Standards, Collaboration, The Industry Standard Group, PAAL, Broadway for Racial Justice, and Groundwater Arts.
- Tony Award and nomination (2009 & 2020)
- Drama Desk Award and nomination (2008 & 2009)
- Astaire Award and nomination (2008 & 2009)
- Outer Critic Award nomination (2009 & 2020)
- Broadway.com Audience Award and Broadway World Theater fans Award (2009)