Associate Professor of Instruction
As an actor, Gail Shapiro’s work has included leading roles at Steppenwolf Theatre, South Coast Repertory and San Jose Repertory. In Spring 2007, she performed Edith Frank in Steppenwolf Theatre Company’s acclaimed production of The Diary of Anne Frank. She was an original resident artist at A Noise Within, California’s Classical Resident Theatre Company for eleven years. She has received numerous Dramalogue and Garland awards. Gail has taught at The School at Steppenwolf; the Claremont Colleges, Pomona; California State University, San Bernardino; and University of Southern California. She is also a private coach, working with acting professionals and individuals in various fields.
- MFA Acting, Yale School of Drama
- BFA Acting, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
Recent Awards and Honors
- 1998 Emerging Comic Actor, Natalie Schafer Award, Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle
- 243-1,2,3 Acting I: Principles of Characterization
- 341-1,2,3 Acting II: Analysis and Performance