Susan Dun is a senior lecturer in the Media Industries and Technologies program in Qatar. She teaches research methods in communication and academic success, and she leads the internship seminar. Dun has also taught theories of persuasion, theories of relational communication, and social support. Her central area of study is digital and information literacy in cross-cultural perspective. She is currently developing a research project that will assess levels of Internet/Web literacy in Qatar and compare the findings with results for the United States, with an eye to developing interventional tools to teach digital and information literacy more effectively.
- PhD, Speech Communication, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign MA, Communication, Miami University
- BA, Political Science, Gonzaga University
Awards and Honors
- Faculty and Administrator Honor Roll, Associated Student Government Award, Northwestern University, 2002, 2004, 2005
- Kappa Delta Sorority Professor of the Month, Northwestern University, 2003
- Campus Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching by Graduate Assistants, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 1999