Prior to coming to Northwestern University, Barbara Butts worked for seventeen years as a professional stage and production manager. Her regional theatre credits include work at the Goodman Theatre, Missouri Rep., Asolo Theatre, Children’s Theatre Company, and Lookingglass Theatre. Butts is a member of the Actor’s Equity Association. Throughout her work in the theatre industry, she has had the honor of working with such directors as Robert Falls, Michael Maggio, Lloyd Richards, Kyle Donnelly, Sheldon Epps, and Mary Zimmerman, and designers such as Santo Loquasto, Tom Lynch, John Lee Beatty and Virgil Johnson. Production management experience includes work with Lookingglass Theatre Company, The Chicago Triathlon, Artistic Circles at the Field Museum, and the Northwestern University Theatre & Interpretation Center.
- BA, Technical Theatre (stage management concentration), Mars Hill College
- 249-1: Introduction to Stage Management
- 249-2: Advanced Stage Management
- 350-0: Production Management
- 379-0: Topics in Stage Management and Leadership