Applications to the graduate program are now being accepted. The application form is online only through The Graduate School . Note: It may require several sessions to complete the form.
- Deadline for application is December 1st.
- For Media, Technology and Society, the department code is M43PH for the PhD and combined Masters/PhD.
- Admission policies and guidelines from the Graduate School
- Information for minority students
The following supplemental materials must be submitted in addition to (in some cases, as part of) your online application. For details, see The Graduate School's instructions .
- Statement of purpose
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation, submitted online
- One scanned copy of your transcript from each university you have attended
- Writing Sample (preferably something academic, such as a term paper, honors thesis or equivalent) limited to 15-20 pages or less
- Official GRE scores; these scores must be taken within five years of the intended quarter of entry. Have ETS send your official scores to institution code 1565 (the NU Graduate School).
- If your native language is not English, you must certify your proficiency in the English language in one of the three following ways:
- Provide official transcripts verifying an undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year institution or equivalent, where the language of instruction is English.
- Provide official transcripts verifying a graduate degree from an accredited institution or equivalent, where the language of instruction is English.
- Have an official score of 100 or higher on the Internet Based TOEFL (IBT), with a score of 26 or higher on the Speak section; these scores may not be more than one year old. Have ETS send your official scores to institution code 1565 (the NU Graduate School).