Applications to the graduate program are now being accepted. The application form is online only through The Graduate School . Note: It may require several sessions to complete the form.
- Deadline for application is December 1st.
- For Media, Technology and Society, the department code is M43PH for the PhD and combined Masters/PhD.
- Admission policies and guidelines from the Graduate School
The following supplemental materials must be submitted in addition to (in some cases, as part of) your online application. For details, see The Graduate School's instructions .
- Statement of purpose
- Minimum of two letters of recommendation, submitted online
- One scanned copy of your transcript from each university you have attended
- Writing Sample (preferably something academic, such as a term paper, honors thesis or equivalent) limited to 15-20 pages or less
- Official GRE scores; these scores must be taken within five years of the intended quarter of entry. Have ETS send your official scores to institution code 1565 (the NU Graduate School).
If your native language is not English, you must certify your proficiency in the English language in one of the three following ways:
- Provide official transcripts verifying an undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year institution or equivalent, where the language of instruction is English.
- Provide official transcripts verifying a graduate degree from an accredited institution or equivalent, where the language of instruction is English.
- Have an official score of 100 or higher on the Internet Based TOEFL (IBT), with a score of 26 or higher on the Speak section; these scores may not be more than one year old. Have ETS send your official scores to institution code 1565 (the NU Graduate School).