Communication Studies students make excellent use of study abroad as a way to further explore their areas of interest, including cross-cultural communication and the globalization of media. Working with Northwestern’s Study Abroad Office , our students have pursued quarter-, semester-, and year-long programs around the world, and Communication Studies is consistently ranked in the top ten majors on campus for study abroad. Some recent examples of programs attended by our students:
- Danish Institute for Study Abroad (Denmark), which offers programs in Cross Cultural Communication and Strategic Communication;
- King’s College (England), known for its coursework in public policy and international relations;
- The Northwestern IPD Critical Theory, Literature, and Media program at Sciences Po (France), through which students explore the intersection of critical theory and political theory within the broader context of French politics and France's role in the European Union;
- The Madrid Language & Liberal Arts Program (Spain), designed for students interested in an immersive language experience; and
- Global Engagement Studies Institute’s programs around the world, through which students engage in service learning and gain experience with international development, global engagement practices, project management, leadership, and entrepreneurship.