Freda Love Smith
Freda Love Smith advises undergraduate majors and minors in the Department of Radio, Television and Film (RTVF) and serves as the module advisor for Creative Writing for the Media and Media Arts and Game Design. Freda is a drummer and writer who has published in outlets including Newcity, The North American Review, and Paste Magazine. Her book Red Velvet Underground: a rock memoir, with recipes, was published in 2015. She teaches writing seminars on the subjects of food writing and food-based media for RTVF, Communication Studies, and Residential Academic Initiatives and is a fellow in Northwestern’s Communications Residential College (CRC).
- MA, Creative Writing, Nottingham Trent University
- BA, General Studies, Indiana University
- COMM ST 395: Food, Communication, and Culture
- GEN LA 280: Table to Page: The Art and Culture of Food Writing
- RTVF 202: First-Year Seminar: Food on Film