We look forward to the SoC Roxelyn and Richard Pepper Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders Convocation on Friday June 11, 2021 in the Ryan Auditorium in the Tech Building at 3:00 pm
- When and Where: SoC Convocation at the Ryan Auditorium in the Tech Building 2145 Sheridan Road begins at 3:00 pm Friday June 11, 2021.
- Graduates should arrive between 2:15 pm and 2:30 pm
- Guests should arrive between 2:30 pm and 2:45 pm
No paper or electronic tickets are required. Names of guests were previously submitted by graduates. Guests will be asked to provide their name when they arrive in the lobby of the Tech Building.
Parking Guests may park in the North Parking Garage at 2311 N. Campus Drive. Neither a permit or payment will be required for cars exiting the North Parking Garage after 1:00 pm on 6/11/21.
Guest Drop Off Guests may be dropped off at the front entrance of the Tech Building at 2145 Sheridan Road. Then drivers should proceed to the North Parking Garage. See attached map for walking instructions from the North Parking Garage to the Tech Building. Please use ONLY THE FRONT ENTRANCE of the Tech Building. This entrance is wheelchair accessible.
All visitors to Northwestern’s campus must adhere to the University’s safety protocols, which are based on current public health guidelines. The Illinois Department of Public Health and Northwestern require community members to wear masks indoors and at large outdoor gatherings or events. Masks must be worn for the entire duration of the event. All graduates and guests must also monitor symptoms and avoid campus if you are experiencing COVID-19-related symptoms.
Testing: What to Expect
Testing will not be required, but it is strongly encouraged and offered to graduates participating in graduation ceremonies. If you have any questions about testing, please email NU-COVIDemail@example.com.
- Rapid Testing Program: Northwestern has a rapid testing partnership with Abbott using their BinaxNOW antigen test and NAVICA mobile app. Rapid testing is available for students, faculty, staff, and visitors who are actively engaging with our community.
- Complete a rapid test: at the Jacobs Center at 2001 Sheridan Rd. in Evanston or 345 E. Superior Street in Chicago. Testing sites are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The test is a simple nasal swab that takes less than 15 minutes onsite, and results are available within 30 minutes via the NAVICA app or website. Please follow the steps below:
- Please download the NAVICA app at App Store or Google Play. If your phone does not support the NAVICA app or if you are experiencing technical difficulties, you can use the NAVICA website as an alternative way to access your account.
- Once you have created your NAVICA account, you are all set to visit to the testing site. When you arrive onsite, please inform a staff member that you are a visitor.
- The staff member will direct you to the Technical Support Center where you will fill out a consent form and complete the final steps to connect your account to the University.
Questions and Concerns. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Cindy Coy firstname.lastname@example.org
Unable to Attend. If an emergency arises and you are unable to attend, please contact Cindy Coy at
We look forward to celebrating your accomplishments on June 11!
Join Northwestern in sharing your celebrations on social media all week-long with the hashtag #NU2021! @NorthwesternU will keep the celebrations going by sharing your posts.
You can find NU-grad-themed Giphys on Instagram and Snapchat too—just search “NorthwesternU” in the GIF search when making your stories!
You can also use themed filters now available on Northwestern’s Instagram channel. The easiest way to find and use the custom Northwestern filters in your Instagram story:
- Navigate to @NorthwesternU’s Instagram profile.
- Scroll to the third section with the three floating stars, and tap a custom filter option.
- Tap “Try It.”
- Add your photo, personalize it, and be sure to tag @NorthwesternU when you share.