Eighteen courses outside the department including two from math/science/technology; three from individual and social behavior; and three from the humanities and fine arts.
All distribution and major courses must be completed with a grade of C- or higher, and may not be taken P/N.
Major Requirements (12 Units)
- Introductory course: 190 Media Construction (190 and second-year standing – not through AP credits – are the prerequisites for all 300-level production courses)
- 3 200-level courses:
RTVF 220 Analyzing Media Texts
One additional 200-level course in the department, or COMM ST 275 Persuasive Images
- 8 additional courses in the School of Communication at the 300 or 400 level, including at least 6 courses in the department at the 300 or 400 level, and including no more than 2 from independent study, practicum, and internship.
- 6 courses at the 200 level or above, outside the School of Communication, including at least 3 courses at the 300 level or above. Courses taken to meet the distribution requirement may be used to fulfill this requirement.
- Language requirement: Two-year proficiency in a classical or modern foreign language as defined by the Weinberg College foreign language proficiency requirement.
- Electives in SoC and other areas to complete a minimum of 42 units of credit.