Minor in Human Communication Sciences
Declaring the HCS Minor
Students can declare the minor during any quarter, starting as early as the spring quarter of their first year.
Contact the minor advisor to declare the minor:
Jeanette Ortiz email@example.com
(847) 491-3066 Frances Searle 3-247
No course for any SoC minor may be taken utilizing the P/N option, and all classes must be completed at a grade of C- or better in order to apply toward a minor.
Requirements for the Minor in Human Communication Sciences (7 Units)
- CSD 110 Introduction to Hearing and Speech Acoustics
- CSD 202 Neurobiology (or approved substitute)
- CSD 318 Introduction to Audiology
- CSD 320 Introduction to Speech, Language, Learning and Their Disorders
- 3 additional courses in CSD at the 300 level