- All distribution courses must be passed with a grade of C- or above.
- All major courses must be passed with a grade of C or above (no C-).
- Distribution and major courses may NOT be taken P/N.
18 units of credit outside the department, including:
- 5 distribution courses in the School of Communication's science, mathematics and technology distribution area, including:
- 1 course in Statistics, chosen from CSD 304, Psych 201 or Stat 232
- 1 course in Neurobiology, chosen from CSD 202, Psych 212, Biol Sci 302 or Neuro Sci 202
- 1 course in Mathematics
- 1 course in Animal-related Biology
- 1 course in Physics or Chemistry
Note: Either the biology or the Physics/Chemistry course must have a lab component
- 3 in the School's Individual and Social Behavior area
- 3 in the School's Humanities and Fine Arts area
Major Courses (12 Units)
- Comm St 101 or 102 (1 unit); must be passed with a grade of C (not C-) or higher
- 11 CSD Courses, all of which must be passed with a grade of C (not C-) or higher, and which include the following:
- CSD 110 Introduction to Hearing and Speech Acoustics
- CSD 392 Language Development and Usage
- CSD 318 Introduction to Audiology
- CSD 320 Introduction to Speech, Language, Learning, and Their Disorders
- 7 additional CSD courses (excluding 108, 202, and 304)
Note: No more than two research credits and/or internship credits may be counted toward the total required for the major
- Writing proficiency requirement (see CSD Advisor or Department Assistant for details)
- Electives in communication and other areas to complete a minimum of 42 units of credit